Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Adoptable Storage

Adoptable Storage

Why can't the Spotify app be moved to the SD card through Adoptable Storage? 

5 Replies

Hey my friend,

I'm sorry to say that you can't move the whole app right now but you can save all your songs to your SD card! 😉

Check this out: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/search_play/save-to-sd-card/

Have a nice day!

When will adoptable storage be supported?

I've got a quick and reliable SD that I prefer to maintain as adoptable storage (as there is no data encription available on normal storage mode), but Soptify doesn't support it yet (even though adoptable storage was released in 2015), I can't put the app or the songs on the SD card.

I don't really care that much about not being able to store the app in the SD, but, as a paying customer, I would very much appreciate being able to store the music on the SD.

Please, Spotify team, the Netflix app can let you chose the SD card even when on adoptable storage mode. I'm sure you can manage to do it as well.

I have question. Saving to sd can it then be played on a mp. Or is format differnt to play

Spotify content is protected and cn only be played on the device which downloaded it. You can't play the music on a different device by moving the SD card. There is no legal way around this.

That was absolutely off topic: It is impossible to read ANYTHING (not even a simple text) on an SD that is set as adoptable storage, that's why I have it set that way.

The topic is regarding Spotify app supporting adoptable storage, which is a 2015 technology that Netflix supports in their app but Spotify doesn't (yet).

Suggested posts