Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Android] Bug on CyanogenMod 11

[Android] Bug on CyanogenMod 11

I'm a premium user.

I've been having a problem with Spotify for the last two or three M versions of CyanogenMod 11 for Galaxy S2.

It's a problem that i can now perfectly identify and explain:

So, sometimes the Spotify stops playing music. I go check the Spotify and the "now music playing" screen is "stopped" with the music name, no music picture, and the music bar is in the beggining and appears the message "loading..."

So, i think, sometimes when the player goes to another song, it can't load it and and stays saying "loading..." forever.

When i go to settings, applications and force Spotify to stop, and delete cache after, after sometime time (very soon), it happens the very same thing.

So, what solves my problem is restarting the device. After that Spotify can go play for sometime before it stops again.

VERY IMPORTANT to maybe identify the problem: when i click "restart the device", the music starts to play! And then the device restarts. It's like Spotify is being lock by something in the OS and when i click restart, it is unlocked.

So, i'm not saying it's Spotify issue, it could be CyanogenMod issue. But, now that you know what unlocks this issue (something in the restart, right after clicking in it, the music starts IMMEDIATLY playing), maybe you can solve this issue that has been happening to me for some versions.

This was also posted in CyanogenMod Forum.

This also happens to you guys?

Thanks 

3 Replies

I use a Note 3 with a stock ROM (4.2.2) and it's not something I've experienced. Very rarely, I get a black screen with spotify 1.1.0.113 but I can fix that by swiping the app off the running apps screen and restarting so it sounds like your issue is down to CM11.

Hi!

I have the same problem with my S2.

Now I am trying to solve the problem with a solution that worked for the S3. Maybe this helps:

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/88199-audio-stops-playing-cm11/page__hl__+spotify#entry475979

I am now using it since 30min at it works so far.

Hope it will go on like this...

I belive this problem might be cause by my specific microSD memory card. It's a Samsung class 6 32 GB.

I don't have the phone anymore and didn't tried. But it's the most plausible explanation i have got. The app meybe loses contact with the card...Where all the offline music is stored.

Suggested posts