Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Android] Equalizer delay and other glitches

[Android] Equalizer delay and other glitches

Hi there!

I've been using Spotify for a while and decided to start the Premium Trial to use the full application. My experience using the service in many platforms is seamless, but unfortunately I noticed some weird behaviour on the Android client.

The most critical of them is how the Equalizer is applied to the songs: when active, it kicks in with a delay of almost a second when I play or skip a track, and it spikes the sound on maximum volume before stabilizing and correctly applying the audio effect. The non-critical ones are: missing artwork when blocking the phone and unblocking, wrong music selection in some playlists and search results, changing songs by swiping artwork sometimes doesn't work (the artwork is updated, but the song is not).

Before writing this post I searched in the community forum and gathered information on how the Equalizer problem is a hard fix and it is not entirely dependent on Spotify's side. The current system version does not provide native audio effect settings, and using the same system equalizer in Play Music is flawless.

I'm sharing my system settings below to help the troubleshooting:

Moto G5, Android 7.0 (Jan. 1st patch), 2gb RAM, no custom roms or patches applied

0 Replies

Suggested posts