Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Annoying cracking noise

Solved!

Annoying cracking noise

Hello,

I tried Spotify on my LG Optimus P 500 One (Android 2.3.3).

Approximately 1 second after starting a song I get an annoying cracking noise on every song!

What can I do?

Best regards,

Lars

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This issue has been fixed with the last release!

Community Ergo Sum

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

For one-time crackling about 1 second after every track begins - try sliding surround sound TOTALLY off (at bottom of spotify/settings/equalizer page).

View solution in original post

32 Replies

This noise appearing right from the start of the song and it continues all the way through? If you skip to middle of the song, does the sound still play in the backgroudn?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

The noise appears approximately 1 second after starting a song and it is a very short noise, it is more like a click-click (circa 0.75 s). It does not appear in the middle.

Are you running the newest Spotify app on the device? Did you have this issue on the older version off the app or has this problem occureed since running the newest version?

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I only tried the newest version.

I'll ask around if someone would have something more to try.

Hello there,

We have passed this internally and we are investigating. 

We will provide you news as soon as we can.

Sorry for the inconveniences this is causing to you.

Thanks 🙂

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved 🙂

♬Music is life♬

ehhhhh-bullsh---iiiit.... ah, excuse me... i seem to be catching a cold.

Hello guys,

@LarsvomMars, are you still experiencing this? We are looking for the reasons which might be causing this...Seems a bit odd. Can you confirm you are?

@stingraysc, please let´s try and provide solutions with our comments specially in the help section. The person who created this thread needs to solve a problem, thats why he came here for.  We understand you have opinions so you can use the off topic board for commenting other things or even private message us, we will be happy to talk to you. I really hope you can understand this 😉

Thanks!!

Rocio

Community Manager

♬Music is life♬

Seeing this issue here too on the Galaxy S3. The issue appears as a short cracking sound right at the beginning of the song, it doesn't happen again in that song after that. It also doesn't happen all the time with every song, for example if Im playing a playlist sometimes it will happen at the start of a song, sometimes it wont. However its not song dependent, its more just random but fairly frequent. In case its important Im running the latest Spotify on a GS3 in the UK with the latest Jelly Bean firmware.

P.S. Other than the above issue I think you guys are doing a great job with the android version of Spotify, its leagues ahead of its iOS equivalent.

I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S2. My phone has just had a warranty reapir (for a non related hardware issue) where the mainboard was replaced and it was factory reset (I have facotry reset the phone before to fix this issue). I have just installed the latest version from the play store.

Everytime a new song playsor I resume play after pausing, after about 1 second there is a single audio glitch

Have tried using 3G and Wifi - no difference

There is no issue at all on my PC or Laptop using the same internet connection

I can make a recording if it will help diagnsose the issue?

Hello Rocio,

I only tried the 48-hour free trial. Because of the described problem I did not subscribe to Spotify Premium.

Best regards,

Lars

@Rocio wrote:

Hello guys,

@@LarsvomMars, are you still experiencing this? We are looking for the reasons which might be causing this...Seems a bit odd. Can you confirm you are?

Hello again,

We are very sorry to hear that....since we really hoped you were going to have the best Spotify experience ever.

I asked you if you were experienced this since we havent got any more cases and we could have looked in to your specific problem...

I hope you get back to us and solve the problem together.

Thanks a lot for everything and again, very sorry you experienced this. 

Rocio

Community Manager

♬Music is life♬

I have this problem too in my Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean 4.2.1 and Galaxy Note 10.1 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (N8000)

I have the latest version of spotify.

This problem is really annoying. 

Confirming this issue also on my devices

Jellybean 4.1.2 (various ROMs all have the problem)

- Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)

- Galaxy S3 (Verizon)

I noticed that this only happens the FIRST time the song is loaded. Once the song is playing through and its restarted, the cracking/distortion in the first second or so is not there. Maybe has something to do with loading?

I also have the exact same problem on my Samsung S3 running 4.1.2. I have also heard it on a friends Sony Xperia V running ICS.

The noise is different every time - from barely noticeable to very annoying. It is present for downloaded songs as well.

I cannot hear the problem on my laptop running windows using the same headphones.
Marked as solution

This issue has been fixed with the last release!

Community Ergo Sum

I'm having this issue now on a Samsung S4. I swear it wasn't doing this when I first installed Spotify a few days ago, but starting today it's been popping and crackling in several songs. I've uninstalled, cleared the data and installed again. I really don't know what to make of it. I don't get the problem in any other audio app.

Hi. Does it still happen if you turn of the equaliser in the Spotify app?

I get this too.

I bought yesterday a new Sony Xperia SP (with Jelly Bean 4.1.2) and first App that I download was Spotify.

Doesn't matter if the sound quality is normal, high or extreme, if the music is played offline or streamed. I also turned off all the audio enhancements provided by Sony, the EQ is on defaukt (which means its off) and I get the crackle after abut ~1 second after pushing play button on every song.

The default Xperia player Walkam don't have that ckackle.

I have this problem first time. The Spotify app worked perfect on HTC Desire X, Alcatel OneTouch Pop, iPad 1st and 3rd gen and even on Sony Ericsson Xperia X8!

Please fix this or at least tell us If you have an Idea how to manage the problem by our side. i bought this phone to listen to music, I don't want to change the spotify to anything else but I want a decent quality of music, without even one crack.

Beside this I love your job on the app, it's the best on the streaming music market!

Suggested posts