Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App barely works. Fails to open regularly, takes 30 seconds to play music after selecting songs...

App barely works. Fails to open regularly, takes 30 seconds to play music after selecting songs...

I have an unmodded LG G6. Spotify has always been a little buggy on it compared to my Galaxy S7 Edge, but now it barely works. Opening the app after restarting my phone is completely hit or miss. A download keeps getting triggered in my status bar, even though there shouldn't be anything to download. Touching a song used to play music instantaneously, now it takes about 30 seconds for Spotify to process what I even did. It's not internet related, because this happens when I'm offline as well as online. Did I get some busted beta? I'm on version 8.4.21.508. Here's what Spotify has looked like for me see since yesterday. The arrow at the top left is Spotify trying to download something. 

Capture+_2017-09-30-09-09-06.png
3 Replies

That's a beta version. Where did you get it from? I suggest you get the latest version from Play and see how that works for you.

That's how I got it. I don't remember signing up for any kind of beta process and it's not marked as a beta in Google Play. I'm a beta tester for the Facebook app and there's usually a note that says beta on the bottom of the Play description. Where do I get the non beta from or how do I downgrade?

Capture+_2017-09-30-16-21-07.png

Hey, I'm sorry but that version just reached me too. When I searched, the only reference I could find was for a beta.

It's possible they released a broken version again. I suggest you follow these steps to reinstall the app and contact Spotify if it doesn't help.

Suggested posts