Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App crashes all the time & I'm not a fan of the new 'Now Playing' screen

App crashes all the time & I'm not a fan of the new 'Now Playing' screen

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Kindle Fire 5th Gen (With cyanogen installed)

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Up until now I've been happily using my Kindle Fire 5th Gen in my car mounted to the dash and I have it set up with another app called auto sleeper so that the tablet goes into sleep mode when I turn off the car engine (or basically whenever it does not recieve power from USB).

This has worked really well up until the last update where now it crashes each time I start the car and the tablet wakes from sleep. It used to automatically continue playback without any problems, but now the spotify app crashes every single time after about 30 seconds.

This is annoying because by this stage I'm on the road and can't be fiddling around with the tablet, making it pretty much useless and I have to continue driving with no audio until I stop at lights etc and can finally get the opportunity to re-open the app.

I am also not a fan of the way the 'Now Playing' screen looks since the update. The album artwork is now a postage stamp sized icon in the centre of the screen. It used to sit off to the side and was big enough to be seen properly. Basically it used to look good, and now it doesn't!

I use the 'Now Playing' screen instead of car mode because I find car mode to be too dangerous to use while driving. In the 'Now playing screen I can swipe left/right pretty much anywhere on the tablet screen to change tracks, but on car mode that functionality is disabled and you have to take your eyes off the road to look at the tablet to tap a button. Not to mention that car mode does not show the album cover at all, which just looks worse. There is ample screen space available, I don't see why that was omitted.

Please fix these issues, without this finctionality spotify is pretty much useless to me, and I'll have to cancel my family premium subscription and switch over to Deezer!! 😧 I'd honestly rather not!

0 Replies

Suggested posts