Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App crashes on startup

App crashes on startup

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Note 9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I'm not able to open the app any more. It crashes and closes immediately after opening it. I deinstalled and installed the app from the Play store, cleared the cache, and restarted my phone. I granted all the permissions and deactivated any energy optimization. All of these measures weren't successful. 
Currently I cannot use the app with my phone. I'm thinking about to switch to another streaming service. Please fix it asap. Thanks. 

1 Reply

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reporting this here in the Community!

You've mentioned that you've cleared the app's cache before reinstalling. Just to confirm, could you give it another try clearing the app's data as well?

You can also make sure that you're following all the steps mentioned in this Spotify Answer for a thorough uninstallation of the app, as this usually helps with issues like this.

If the issue still persists after that, it'd be helpful if you could let us know the version of the app you're currently on. You can find this from your phone's Settings > Apps Spotify.

Any additional details would also be very useful so we can take a closer look into what's happening, for example:

• When did this start happening?
  • Are you connected to a car when this happens?
  • Is this happening on a different - preferably mobile -  device?

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts