Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App hogs phone storage, reinstall wont solve.

App hogs phone storage, reinstall wont solve.

Spotify hogs gigs of phone memory and ive never gone into offline mode.  Reinstalling wont fix, just wipes the memory for awhile until a month later, over a gig eaten by Spotify android once again.  Very disappointed that this still happens on the platform i use most.  Spotifycommunity has several topics opened by others marked “solved” but this issue is anything but solved.

ive been a subscriber for a couple years and am near the end of my rope with this app and this issue.  Not worth the money if this isnt fixed.  Ill happily revisit my 1 star google review once solved.

2 Replies

Hey @dave11111! Thanks for writing.

We're sorry you feel this way. But don't worry, we'll do our best to suggest a quick resolution.

Keep in mind that every time you use Spotify, a portion of the caché that's created for buffering and the playback of your music is stored on your device. However, it's odd that it's amounting to the size that you're letting us know.

Due to this, it's possible that your account might have a duplicate cache for your device. In this case, we suggest you clear the cache from your account by going here > Offline devices > Remove all devices.

Once you've done it, we suggest you reinstall the app. Everything should be back to normal.

We hope this helps 🙂

Hi Julian Obsidian,  your direction to remove offline devices is incomplete.  When I click the link under "here" in your above instructions,  it takes me to my account settings and there is no option to remove devices.   Please give more explicit instructions for what you meant by "here".

Suggested posts