Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App suddenly crashes completly

Solved!

App suddenly crashes completly

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

Hi, my Spotify App suddenly crashes down while I am listening to music. The app shuts down completely and even forgets where its stopped playing so I have to unlock my phone, re-start the app again and play the track from the very beginning. VERY annoying and dissapointing (especially if you are working out/running or listening to a long podcast episode!). It only happens on my phone; the desktop version works perfectly fine.

It happens whether I use cellular data or WiFi. It also does not matter if I am connected with my bluetooth speaker, using regular headphones, using a connection via AUX or simply listening to it via the speaker of my phone - it crashes all the time. Sometimes it happens every couple of minutes or even seconds after I started playing a song and sometimes I can listen for a solid hour without any problems.

I tried reinstalling the app, logging out everywhere and logging back in again, disableing any battery saving options on my phone and even giving the app all the permissions it asked for. But nothing fixed the problem... 😞

My sister has the same problem on her Samsung phone (different Premium account)... Is anyone else having this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Alexandra_7,

Thanks for reaching out to and welcome to the Community 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

If you're using an SD card, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD card. Are there any changes?

If that doesn't do the trick, it's also a good idea to check if there are other apps running in the background.

Keep us in the loop!  We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Alexandra_7,

Thanks for reaching out to and welcome to the Community 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

If you're using an SD card, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD card. Are there any changes?

If that doesn't do the trick, it's also a good idea to check if there are other apps running in the background.

Keep us in the loop!  We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

I hadn't thought of removing the SD card in combination with the clean reinstall. My Spotify works perfectly fine now - thank you for your help!!

Hi there @Alexandra_7,

Thanks for the confirmation 🙂

Glad to hear that what @Ver suggested did the trick. 

It's always useful for others when you share what worked for you, as it might help someone else in the same situation.

If you have more questions, we're always a click away.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator

Suggested posts