Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Audio infrastructure and resampling

Audio infrastructure and resampling

Plan

Free

Country

Italy

Device

Hauwei P20

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify,

your platform currently represents the best entertainment solution in the music sector, due to the vastness of the database and the discovery functions.

However, for a true music lover, using the Android application is slightly frustrating because of the audio infrastructure of the operating system. Obviously I am referring to the fact that the audio coming from Spotify is irremediably resampled by the internal mixer before being sent to the DAC.

From a technical point of view, it is possible to establish a direct flow to the DAC with customized drivers, that is, as happens with apps such as USB Audio Player (available on the Play Store).

Now, in order to make Spotify a more complete and universal app, as well as to carve out a further slice of users, I wonder if it is possible to implement a similar architecture.

I am aware that by bypassing the mixer you lose practically all the rest of the audio signals that the device must reproduce, but precisely for this reason I would suggest putting a simple option within the app settings, so that only the most "geeks" can enable that if desired.

It is a pity that one spends a lot of money on audio equipment and then leans on an imperfect platform...

I hope this consideration can be accepted in future developments (if not already planned).
Also because from a market point of view, reading on the internet there are really hundreds of people who want such a function, therefore it would be valid and in any case transparent for most users who do not care.

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards.

0 Replies

Suggested posts