Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't add shortcuts on phone homescreen

Can't add shortcuts on phone homescreen

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

XIAOMI POCO M3

Operating System

MIUI 12

My Question or Issue

I've tried to add shortcuts to playlists or albums in My Library from the given option on the three dot thing but they just won't appear on my actual homescreen. I've already tried a clean reinstall of the app and nothing changes.

14 Replies

Hey there @scarbug

Thanks for reaching out about this, and welcome to the Community 🙂 

Would you mind sending over a screenshot where we can see this option you mention? 

You can attach them to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I think I'm having a similar issue. If I go to a playlist -> more actions (the three dots) -> Add to Home Screen, essentially nothing happens.

I had found a workaround - hold Spotify icon until pop up menu shows -> hold and drag any of the recently played playlists.

Though the shortcuts I had created were just gone one day and it seems I can't use this approach anymore. Dragging the playlists onto the home screen does nothing now.

IMG_20220130_122023.jpg

IMG_20220130_122223.jpg

Hi @swans-are-scary,

Thanks for the post.

I checked this on my end and can confirm that the "Add to Home Screen" currently has no effect. This might be a test for a new feature which Spotify is running. You can learn more about those here.

We'll keep you updates as soon as we have more info on this 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am also having these issues and have tried the suggested fixes, but none have worked. Is there any update on whether the "Add to Home Screen" has been fixed?

Hey @gbeikman,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind trying on a different device with a different account to see if you notice any difference?

On another note, can you send us the exact make/model and OS of the affected device along with the exact Spotify version you have running?

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I'm also experiencing the same issue. The "Add to Home Screen" option does not appear in the three dot options anymore. 

image_2022-11-06_143222485.png

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the confusion.

Check out the post from @Alex to find out why this feature is not available at this time.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I am also facing the same issue. 'Add to homescreen' option is no longer available. I am using latest version of Spotify on my Oneplus 9RT running Android 11 . I also tried opening my account on other devices but I still face the same trouble.

Hey @archz2,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This feature has been recently deprecated. Currently there is no way to add shortcuts to the home screen.

There is a way for your feedback on this to reach Spotify though. Here is how to do it. 

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

This is such a shame, I use the add to home screen feature for my work and was so useful. Not having this feature is a real loss. 😞 

Same issue here, it started happening with playlists on my old Oppo phone a month back. I have a new Google pixel with a clean load of Spotify, and it's happening on both playlists and albums now. There is no longer an option to add to home screen. It was a brilliant feature and I'm really missing it as I used it all the to easily access playlists.

Why? 

**bleep**, I always regret to update apps on Android.

Will this feature eventually come back? It's a shame that useful stuff is disappearing and the app becomes less and less user-friendly with every update. 

Hi there @TheNewLiterateCat,

We don't have any information on this at the moment, but here's a live idea about bringing the feature back that's already gathered a good amount of votes, so be sure to check it out and show your support (if you haven't already).

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts