Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't join a group session or join a collaborative playlist from invite

Can't join a group session or join a collaborative playlist from invite

I've been able to join Group Listening Sessions or Collaborative Playlists from the invite link on both mobile (Android) and desktop (PC) for a few months now and can't seem to find threads of users having a similar issue.

When you click the link to join a session or playlist on your phone, it will either redirect you to the play store to download Spotify (already downloaded...) or send you straight to the home page of the app, where previously it would bring up a prompt on the app to join from your device and then to join the session.

A friend has been trying to add me to a playlist as a collaborator for the last few days and we can't seem to figure out why it isn't working. Is anyone else having this issue? How did you resolve it?
6 Replies

Hi there!

Have you tried switching to a different network or opening the link on your mobile device with Mobile data instead of Wifi? If you use any VPN / Proxy, try disabling it temporarily and opening a new invite link.

In case the issue persists, a short screen recording which shows how things look on your end would be greatly appreciated.

Keep us posted on this. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The same thing happened to me, and I'm using a Pixel 6 (Android 12). When I create a session and send the link to my friends, only those with an iOS device can join the group session, while those with an Android device cannot. I tried switching between vpn, wifi, and mobile data, but it still doesn't work.

On my Android device, when I clicked on the session link, it directed me to the Spotify download page (I already installed it) and when I opened the Spotify app, nothing happened.

Hey there @hoaddptit,

Thanks for the post and the video.

Could you let us know the current Spotify app version on your phone?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Alex, 
The version I'm using is 8.7.40.777

Hello,

I've been waiting for someone to try out a group session with me since I originally posted to provide a video and it just hasn't happened. It isn't just me joining, however, the same happens when I try to invite others to my own session or a collaborative playlist. 

I have a pixel 4a. I'm using Version 8.7.38.670. I'm on the current version of Android.

Thank you. 

Hi @Donmn,

It looks like I found a solution here (just a temporary one).

What I do is return to the redirect page (which redirects you to the page where you can download Spotify) and click "open by Spotify" like in this photo here.

I hope this can solve your problem as it did mine too.
1.png

Suggested posts