Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cannot use SD card - read the sticky and tried lots

Cannot use SD card - read the sticky and tried lots

Hi,

So - my Xperia filled up it's internal memory (10GB free when the spotify cache is removed), so I want to use the SD card (59GB free). I've read the sticky and tried:

• Uninstalling the app
  • Removing the com.spotifyetc folders from the SD card and the internal memory
  • Restarting the device
  • Re-installing the app
  • Manually giving storage perms to the app before opening it for the first time

Take those steps and put them in any order - I've done them, I think I've installed Spotify about 15 times this afternoon. Every time, I try to download my liked songs and it goes into the cache on the internal memory.

Most of the posts are very old, is there anything new that I'm missing here? Thanks!

1 Reply

Hey there @kyzarvs,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Kudos for that initial troubleshooting! Just to confirm, have you successfully changed your preferred offline storage location within the Spotify app? If you haven't yet, we'd suggest you:

1. Tap the picture profile at the top-right of the screen.
  2. Go to Settings and privacy.
  3. There, go to Data-saving and offline.
  4. Under Storage location, choose between Device storage and SD card. Note: Be aware, you'll see the SD card option just when an SD card is installed on your device.

If the app was set to download the content to your device's storage, then if you choose the SD card, you'll see storage options grayed out. This is because all the content will be moved to the SD card, and it could take a couple of minutes depending on how much content you've downloaded. Once the process is complete, the app will restart.

If you do this and continue to encounter issues, then we'd like to gather some additional info. Please send us:

• The make/model and OS of the affected device.
  • The Spotify version you're running there.
  • We'd like to know if it's always behaved like that or if this behavior started after a specific event/update.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts