Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Chromebook SD storage option not visible

Chromebook SD storage option not visible

Asus Chromebook Flip C433 with latest Chrome OS.  Have Premium Plan Spotify subscription.

My Question or Issue

I can no longer see the option to use the SD card or internal memory under the Other setting in Spotify.  This worked the first time however, I think the 1st SD card was corrupt.  Reason being is I was using that SD card as a test.  Set it up as follows:

1. Inserted SD card and formatted as FAT32
  2. Enabled it in storage management, external storage preferences
  3. Downloaded Spotify and allowed storage permission
  4. Switched storage to SD under Spotify Other setting

That seemed to work however when I tired to transfer back to internal, there was an issue (can't remember exactly what that issue message sent) but hence thought the SD card was corrupted.

Bearing in mind this was a brand new set up and therefore hadn't downloaded any music, etc.  I decided to uninstall Spotify and try again using a SD card I knew was working properly.  Steps I took:

1. Uninstalled Spotify
  2. Ejected corrupt SD
  3. Rebooted Chromebook
  4. Followed same procedure as above however no option to move to SD under Spotify Other setting

Where has it gone?  Worked fine once and within the space of a couple of hours disappeared.

I know the new SD card is working properly as I have tested it with my Netflix account and can happily switch the storage location backwards and forwards.

On the verge of factory resetting the Chromebook but seems like an overkill step...

1 Reply

Anyone?

Suggested posts