Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Chromecast devices not visible unless I force-close app and relaunch.

Chromecast devices not visible unless I force-close app and relaunch.

At least half the time I use spotify on my android devices, my chromecasts (1 video and 2 audio) are not visible unless I either force-close and relaunch the app, reconnect wifi, or both. Other apps have no difficulty detecting chromecasts on the network.

I would like to see more reliable detection of devices, or at least a scan/refresh button like the one found in Plex.

Screenshot_20170726-070329.png
1 Reply

I have the same problem, with an Android phone (LineageOS) and a Chromecast Audio. The Spotify app sometimes does not recognise the Chromecast Audio. I can usually fix this by turning airplane mode on and then off again.

Two related problems:

- After the music played for a while, the Spotify app may still be connected to Chromecast and display the current song. But the volume control does not work anymore.

- After the music played for a while, the notification of the Spotify app (with the song name) sometimes does not update anymore. It is just stuck with some previous song, the song name does not update.

These problems could be related to Android features related to power saving or app management. Spotify, please fix!

Suggested posts