Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Download Library

Download Library

Plan

Student

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I used to be able to add music to my library without it automatically downloading. About 2 days ago it started downloading songs as soon as I added to the library (liked).
Before I was able to save the songs with the artist toggled as available offline and it wouldn't save the new stuff, but now it saves it all, and if I untoggle, then it deletes all of my songs from that artist. 
Is there a setting I accidentally changed or is this part of an update? It started the same time that the save button got changed to a like button. Is there a solution to being able to have some songs downloaded and some not, or do I have to either have them all downloaded or all not? 

Thanks 

2 Replies

Hey @Dwal.

Thanks for your question.

We recently rolled out a new version of Your Library which functions a bit differently to how it used to. Check out this Spotify Answer for more info on this.

The expected behaviour now is that it is not possible to download the songs that you've saved ('liked') by a specific artist, only albums and playlists that you've saved, including the Liked Songs playlist with all your saved songs.

As a workaround to this, you can always create a separate playlist with the songs from the artist that you like to listen to, and add/remove as appropriate.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions 😉

What was the rationale behind this?  This is not how the users use the application at all.

Suggested posts