Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Download folder is not saved

Download folder is not saved

Dear community,

I have a Problem. I've downloaded a lot songs and when I restarted my Phone (Android) Spotify wants me to log in again, this is not a problem but i have saved all Downloaded songs to my SD card and when i log in the standard download folder is on my Handy Storage again. When i change the downloadfolder back to the SD all downloaded songs on the SD card are delited. This happended a few times now and it really sucks to download them all again, especially with by bad internet.

I hope you can help me. Thanks!

(Sorry for my bad english I'm not britian oder american)
4 Replies

Hey @Lakessail99!

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community. We'd like to help. 

In this case, follow these steps:

1. Delete Spotify on your device.
  2. Remove the SD card.
  3. Restart the device again.
  4. Install the app again and re-sync your offline tracks. 

If that doesn't work, please let us know the android and Spotify version you're rocking. We'll see what we can suggest.

Let us know if you have any questions 🙂

Sophia, 

Dear very, very provocative Sophia.

While it does not seem like you are trying to help him with his issues, you still pretend to do so. At least he is honest about his struggle with the english language, but you appearently do not understand a word, even though you actually accomplished to reply in english.

He is explaining to you a problem a lot of people, me included, have with playlists stored offline on an Android device's external memory. I will now retell this story for you, including a real life scenario, thoroughly:

I pay for a Spotify Premium account every month.

I usually do not sync playlists, because I listen mostly at home from a PC.

I download Spotify to my Android device (it is a Sony Xperia Compact 3).

I am to travel offshore on a job, and will stay offshore for about two and a half weeks.

On the ship I will stay on, there will be no cellphone coverage and no WiFi.

I log into my Spotify premium account on my Android device (still a Sony X. C. 3).

I download all playlists I want to bring on my offshore trip, while I still have internet.

Playlists are saved to the SD card because the phone has little internal storage capacity.

I then travel offshore.

Now I have no cellphone coverage, and every wrong step can cost me dearly...

I need to copy some work-related pictures from my phone to a PC that has no bluetooth.

I make sure no apps are running, because I am aware of external memory issues.

I connect my phone with a USB cable, and copy the pictures to the PC.

I disconnect the phone from the PC.

Now my work shift is over, and I want to listen to some music.

I start Spotify, but my offline playlists are not available anymore. Surprise!

I check settings, and discover it has changed back Storage setting to internal memory.

I change it once again back to SD card where my lists still are stored, judging from the many, many GBs of data still taking up space the Spotify folder (ES File Explorer).

Still, my offline playlists remain unavailable.

I wait, but they do not become available.

Ie. Spotify - though not running at the time of the external memory being disconnected - fools itself to not recognise the offline playlists when the external memory is reconnected.

I restart my phone, hoping this can sort out the issue. Now I am asked for login details. As with Laikssail99, this would normally not be a big problem for me, as I do not restart my phone often enough for it to become bothersome. Some people might, though.

I type in username and password, but now am not allowed to log in because I have no cellphone coverage. Now I am totally screwed music wise, and will have to entertain myself for two more weeks without music. For this, I am paying you.

Laikssail99 did not connect his phone to a PC, but rather experienced the same problem because of the time it takes for Android to gather info from the external memory after a phone reboot. I can spoil the non-surprise it is, that when I finally got to log into Spotify again, my offline playlist still were unavailable.

Laikssail99, nor I, want to reinstall Spotify, because we both know this is a problem with Spotify that needs to be fixed.

He, nor I, want to redownload our offline playlists. He has bad internet, and I had none. And I knew they were there, so why should I have to? Spotify did not, however. 

Do you understand now, or do you want me to delete Spotify, remove SD card, restart the device, install Spotify again, an re-sync all my offline tracks?

I was at the time of this incident running Android 6.0.1, and I was at the moment not rocking any version of Spotify, because Spotify simply would not rock. I do, however, keep all my apps updated at any time.

Regards,

Andreas (account: skrivefeil)

Hello,
Just like skrivefeil descibted it it happens a lot of time. (If you plug your phone to your pc or not it happens often!) I had downloaded the songs on my android phone and pc! I would be glad to talk to someone who can help me for real, so i mean NO moderators who are not even talk to programmeers to inform them about the issues of the software! Shortly said: i would be glad to talk to an programmeee wbo does know the softwarecodes and really can try to fix them!
Back to the issue of the software it just happend like skrivefeil descrypted. Doesn't matter at me if you plug your phone to your pc or not! It is just like the function where you can disable devices to hear music offline! BUT not me either anyone else with this problem did this! This might be a problem at your servers, it could be that at the sync of your servers with your backups, that there the devices in the list of the offline-acces are delited and cause of that the downloaded songs are delited(this is my idea to the pc problem). At the android mobile phone it might be just al small issue in the codes, that the program does not checks if the spotity folder is on the SD Card or not.

I would be very glad to talk to a programmeer (sorry for the aggressive language but i am paying for an incomplete service!)
And also sorry for my bad english.

I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Suggested posts