Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Download green arrow grayed out

Download green arrow grayed out

Spotify has wiped my offline arrows clean four times now, I just spent three hours downloading all of my songs again, now the arrows are grayed out and won't play , some songs will play even thiugh grayed out. I've about run out of patience with this site. Every week I get some problem. All I keep hearing is reinstall the app , why the H would I want to do that again & again. Someone at spotify better give me an answer or I'm canceling my premium account and recommending everyone I talk to to stick with pandora. Where is the customer service. This forum mess is ridiculous. Someone fix this om not paying for frustration!!!!. Yes I have space , on my phone ,NO I do not have a firewall, and no to any other of the same exact things I keep hearing over & over. This works for a week or two then just wipes my download arrows clean all by itself.
Screenshot_2016-12-13-13-11-10.png
Screenshot_2016-12-13-13-04-30.png
Screenshot_2016-12-13-13-04-26.png
5 Replies

I'm am now going to spend three more hours downloading everything for a second time today so the arrows are green again,thanks spotify for making pay for a while lot of irritation.much appreciated.
Screenshot_2016-12-13-13-42-07.png

Hey, you can get in touch direct by using the online contact form. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

You didn't mention details of your device or operating system, nor whether you're storing the spotify cache on an external SD card. However, if you're running android 6+ and using an SD card, make sure that spotify has permission to access it.

Using a Samsung Galaxy Avant android, no card, no computer,just go to wifi and hit save on a song I like. Have plenty of space ,no firewall, I can't even think of any other reasons I've read ,
There are so many things that can supposedly go wrong it's hard to keep track. But I've checked them all when I read them . Very tired of reading these forums ,it's exhausting. Apt of songs I have to redownload also because they cut off mid song . Second time downloading usually does the trick but it's very annoying. I'm not even gonna get into songs cutting out for a second then coming back on ,sometimes up to 5 or 6 times a song . So much work with this site . **bleep** I'm afraid to touch anything most of the time cause I don't know what's gonna wipe out my songs again or cause some type of problem. Anyway appreciate your response man ....Johnny

Saving a song is not the same as downloading - it is simply added to you library in the songs section and individual songs can not be downloaded. Please read the help page which explains how to make music available offline.

Yep,I know that trust me man I've been messing with this thing for hours upon hours upon hours. Reading forums,instructions,etc. Green arrows know all about them. It's definitely things messing up. Just now, three minutes ago ,songs kept cutting out more & more to the point they finally froze up my phone ( once again) "spotify not responding" ,then froze up my radio,then wouldn't connect, "connection failed. I just keep messing with over & over til it finally connects . It's really a constant struggle if it's not one thing it's another. I've just learned to deal with it ,tired of looking for solutions. And still get no album art at all for anything ,offline/online , never seen it once since I got spotify. But whatever, stopped caring. Done with forums, ive probably spent a good ten hours of my life combing through them. guess it beats the radio.

Suggested posts