Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Filter not working properly within folder

Filter not working properly within folder

Hi, the "downloaded" filter doesn't work within folder on Android.

Filter "playlist" + "downloaded" are on, but when I go into my folder, it shows every Playlist, included the one that are not Downloaded, instead of just showing the downloaded playlist only.

Hence the filter is not working properly within folder.

Device

OnePlus 6 

Screenshot_20210620-133013.jpg
Screenshot_20210620-133010.jpg
11 Replies

Hey @remiorange

Help’s here!

Could you confirm if you still observe this after running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your Android device? This will update your app to the latest available version and clean up corrupted data that could be causing the issue. 

In case this persists after a clean reinstall, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Yes the issue is still there after a clean reinstall.

• Every permission is granted
  • There is no battery optimization running 

Please take this bug seriously, this problem with filter and folder is there for over a month now.

I expect Spotify to correct and update  this quickly, this kind of bug is affecting the whole user experience and is unacceptable for a 10€ /month app.

Hey @remiorange

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If the issue persists after a clean reinstall it'd be a good idea to check if it might be related to your Spotify account. 

Make sure you try how it goes when a different Spotify account gets logged in on your device. You can ask a friend or family member to log in to their own Spotify account on your device, or simply create a test account for this purpose. 

If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next to easily transfer your account contents and settings.

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here.  

No, it's not related to my account or device, i have friends who have the exact same problem with their own devices (Android ) and account.

Can you please take this bug seriously and  send this bug to the technical team?

They were a similar bug 2 weeks agos when the downloaded playlist just disappeared from folder. Now they are back , but it's showing every Playlist, not just the filtered "downloaded "one .

There was a major update a month ago who mainly concern interface and filters, and it appears there is a bug with the filter and folder (filter are not working within folder ) .This  need to be send to technical team and be fix asap.

This is unacceptable for Spotify to have such huge functionality bug after a major update, and to not even take your customer seriously when they contact you.

Hey @remiorange

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

Before we can pass this on to the relevant team for further investigation we'll need you to confirm one more thing. 

Could you check if the playlists that show up in those folders include at least one downloaded song, be it from another Playlist or Album? Or else, do you notice that playlists with no downloaded songs at all keep showing up within the folder after filtering?

This will help us take a closer look and proceed further to the solution. 

We'll look out for your reply.  

Hey, no, the playlists that show up in those folders does not include at least one downloaded song, be it from another Playlist or Album.

Like you wrote, what's happening is this : playlists with no downloaded songs at all keep showing up within the folder after filtering.

Hey @remiorange

Thanks for confirming the requested info. 

We've reported this issue to the right folks at Spotify and they're already looking into it. 

It'd also be great if you can provide us with the make and model of your device, the OS version as well as the exact Spotify version that is currently running on the device so we can forward this as well. 

Cheers!  

OnePlus 6
Android 10.3.11
Spotify version 8.6.36.1070

Hey @remiorange

Thanks for the additional details. 

We've passed them on to our team and we'll keep you posted here. 

Stay tuned!  

2 months after, the problem is still there. And, in addition to that, the order within folder is also not working anymore (alphabetical, personalized, creator, etc..)

(And I had a clean reinstall a few days ago so it's not at all the problem.)

This is truly unacceptable from you. A lot of users are using folder, the app is howful for us using folder rn.

I hope this time your team I'll solve the problem faster than last time.

I do not Wish to switch to apple music but your catastrophic updates and support over the last months make that option more and more tempting.

Best regards .

Hey @remiorange,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We understand that waiting this long can be frustrating. Rest assured that the right folks are informed and are looking into improving the filter functionality within folders. We can't really give you an exact timeframe when this will be resolved though, that is why we advise you to always keep your apps updated to the latest available version.

Thank you for your patience! If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts