Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Free but not working ?

Free but not working ?

So the new update claims that spotify IS available free on mobile devices ?

However, on my windows phone however, it is not. Every time I start it, requires a new login.

After login, claims that I need a premium account to use. Even if I dont click on any playlist, just stay in the main menu after logged in.

It is updated to the latest it is in the windows phone store. So whats the problem ?

5 Replies

What I can say, the theme has not changed to the dark one yet, still looks the same.

Why is the windows phone version so **bleep**ty anyways ? Missing half the menus and options of the android, hard to use and tedious..

Unfortunately, Spotify Free on mobile devices is currently only available on iOS and android. 

There are updates coming to windows phone announced here that will enable Spotify Free, but it may not be for some time I'm afraid:

http://news.spotify.com/uk/2014/02/24/were-updating-our-windows-phone-app/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

And why is that ?

Windows Phone updates have always lagged behind the others, and while we are still waiting for the first update mentioned in that blog post but as far as I know the first "update" won't enable Spotify free usage.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Christ.. its like they want us to stop using this thing.. what is the money being spent on anyways ? The bug that the playlists are not in the order you left them has been around for 2 years or something now..

Suggested posts