Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Google Home Devices Won't Play Music Saved in My Library

Google Home Devices Won't Play Music Saved in My Library

Premium

USA

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Android 8.0

On both my Google Home and Google Home Mini speakers, Spotify will not connect or play any music saved to my library. 

For example, if I select an album I have saved or downloaded on my phone, it will play fine on my phone.  But if I attempt to connect to one or both of my Google Home speakers, the status will read as "Connecting..." before eventually timing out and never connecting.  Sometimes the speakers will make the normal sound signaling that I have tried to connect, but the task will never complete.  

If I try to do the same thing, but I select an album, song, or playlist not saved to my library, the speaker will play the music without a problem.  All non-Spotify functions still work perfectly on both of my speakers.

This is issue has become the norm and moments where it doesn't occur are few and are far between.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 Reply

I'm having this issue as well. Nest mini (2nd generation google home mini). Latest Spotify version on Oneplus 7 Pro.

Refuses to play saved songs and refuses to play ANY song in a playlist if the first song in the playlist is a saved one (haven't tested with saved songs in other positions).

I have a feeling that Spotify's app is screwing up the casting a link vs casting a mirror of the audio from the device. I'm guessing it tries to play saved media off the device and this somehow fails (the device is not connected in mirroring mode or something?)

Same issue, though. Doubt it will be fixed. Same as the Nest mini wifi issue; big companies don't care if it affects a small % of users, unfortunately.

Suggested posts