Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I managed to break the App

I managed to break the App

I did something that isn't particularly sound. I moved my music folder from my cellphone to the SD unit in it to open up space in the main drive. So far so good. Then I noticed that Spotify was beginning to download all the songs that were moved in the process. Ok, that would be expected. Then I decided that I would simply go offline for a bit, tell spotify where the new folder was just so it wouldn't have to download everything again. That worked, it recognized the songs I had moved and ceased the downloading process. Then, I remembered that a lot of the songs in the music folder weren't being recognized by Spotify when I made the first ever synchronization, and it would replace some songs with really bad cover band versions (mostly "The Beatles" and some of the covers hurt so bad) back then, so they came back. Ok, nothing too weird, I can just delete them.

However, something else happened. The songs I already had that were working properly after the first ever synchronization were duplicated. Well, didn't seem like too big of an issue until I started to delete these little bastards, which turns out to be impossible. The "Delete" key doesn't work, individualy removing them just bugs out telling me I do and don't have them at the same time, even if I did it from the context pop-up menu. So bascially now I have a bunch of duplicated songs (that play one after the other in shuffle, how nice) half of which are bad covers of songs I originally inteded to listen to. I'm posting this here less to get a solution, because it's not a difficult issue to work around, and more to point out these glaring issues with the program. I may have screwed up, and I know this is not a problem most people will have, but it still is a bug and it should be looked into. I fear the root of this problem is how Spotify indexes songs and playlists, and it should be changed in order to prevent duplicates.
Thank you for you assistance and I hope this can help.

0 Replies

Suggested posts