Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Issues with streaming music and clicking on playlists and artists

Issues with streaming music and clicking on playlists and artists

Plan
Premium
Country
Romania
Device
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Operating System
Android 9

My Question or Issue
So what's been happening since the last update (version 8.6.24.918) I've been experiencing some problems with streaming songs and clicking on playlists/arstists. I asked my friends and some of them have also been experiencing this same issue only on their android devices. My PC is running windows and using the same account I don't encounter this issues.
Basically, if I want to play ,for eg. my playlist A, I click on it and it keeps loading but nothing happens. No matter how much I wait it just doesn't load. Then I click on playlist B, let's say this playlist worked. Then I click on the specific song I wanna play, or even shuffle, the songs are "playing", the timer bar doesn't move so it's stuck on 00:00/xx:xx, I can't hear anything and again, it doesn't load.
I have tried reinstalling, deleting cache and data and relogging, sometimes it did work with relogging, sometimes it didn't.
Some songs work, some don't, some playlists/artists I can check, some I cannot. You got the idea.
Thank you for your time!

Screenshot_20210511-155946_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210511-160158_Spotify.jpg
1 Reply

Hi @DumnezeulThau

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you try with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Also, it's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts