Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Keeps moving music from SD to internal storage

Keeps moving music from SD to internal storage

Spotify keeps moving music from my 64 GB SD card (with plenty of room) to my internal storage. I am able to move the music back to SD, but after a few days or sometimes or even hours, the music moves back to internal storage. I have had no other problems with the SD card with other apps and have tried uninstalling, logging on/off, and rebooting the phone. This is very annoying as I have limited internal storage space! Suggestions?

4 Replies

Sorry to hear, try a fully clean reinstallation.

- Go to System Settings

- Go to "Apps"

- Find Spotify there

- On Spotify's page, first, tap "Force Close"

- Then tap "Clear cache" if it's not greyed out.

- Then tap "Unninstall" and remove the app.

- After uninnstalling, power off your device.

- If you can, remove the battery now. Power back on.

- Using a file manager on your phone or with your USB cable and your computer, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

- Reinstall Spotify from Google Play

If you do these steps correctly, you'll do a clean reinstallation of the app, with no piece of data to tell Spotify to save data to your internal storage.

If this worked please mark it as the solution

If I uninsatll the app and remove the files etc as you advise below, and reinstall, what happens to my playlists.  Will they still be available for me to re-download?  

I don't care about downloading all the music again - I just don't wan tto lose my playlists which took a lot of time to create.

All of your playlists will still be there. Spotify has your playlists in their server. You can log on to different devices and still have your same playlists. As long as you know your email or username and passwird. So no you will not lose your playlists.

Suggested posts