Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Liked Songs Tab Removed From Artist Page

Liked Songs Tab Removed From Artist Page

Plan: Premium Country: UK Operating System: Android

A while back, my version of Spotify started including a 'Liked Songs' page at the top of every artist page, as per the screenshot I've attached. It's something I've used daily since it was implemented as it allows me to see at a glance if I've saved songs by that artist yet, and what they are. It's also been really useful in stopping me accidentally liking duplicate songs from different albums (original release, remasters etc).

My Spotify definitely still had this feature yesterday. But today, it's completely disappeared, despite me having had no update to the app according to the play store.

Has this feature been removed forever or is it a glitch? I've only been without it a few hours and I'm already bereft!

spot.png
10 Replies

I've just noticed this also. I updated the app yesterday on Android so it seems as if it's been removed on this latest release. I use/used this daily as a way of only playing songs I've liked from artists. I'm hoping it returns soon as there's no other way to play only the songs you like from an artist except through making playlists for each of them, which is obviously not very useful at all.

Same here! 

Plan: Premium

Operating System: Apple

I'm having the same issues. They did the same thing a year ago where they changed the UI and removed all access to liked songs by artist, then after some outrage and "community voting" they brought it back. Why they would do it again is beyond me, so I can only assume this is ignorance and not malice.

Me too very annoyed, my library is HUGE so this tab is something I also use daily. The only way I've figured out to bring up that liked songs tab is to go and follow the artist I want to listen to and then finding them via the artist tab and clicking on them there. Really frustrating

Completely agree, They've taken it from a few clicks to get to liked songs to a complicated procedure and it's so frustrating.

It was so easy to be listening to an artist and click through to their profile to be able to see all your liked songs by them and quickly play them. Now, to do the same, I have to exit the now playing page, navigate to the artist tab, manually search for the artist and hope I'm actually following them whilst I'm at it.

I really don't like that there's now no way on an artists page now to know how engaged I am with that artist already. Have I liked 100 songs by them, or none? You just can't tell. With over 5k liked songs and growing, this is useful stuff to know.

Hold up. It's back!

About 10 minutes ago, it was still missing and then - huzzah - I clicked an artist and it was there.

Fingers crossed the disappearance of this feature was a glitch and its back for good! 

Yeah, this is the second or third time this year this specific major feature has been “accidentally” removed in an update. Are they hoping we just won’t notice the change or do they just not dev test updates?

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Could you let us know if the option appears again after you perform a clean reinstall, following the steps in this article. This will assure that you're running the latest version of the app. 

Also, here you can find more information on why the appear different from time to time.

If the option does not become available after the reinstall, could you tell us the following:

• Device model and OS version
  • Spotify version
  • When did this start happening
  • Is it happening on all your devices

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify is one of the buggiest apps! Things are constantly changing and desktop usually doesn't load correctly, artists liked songs tab keeps disappearing. Paying users shouldn't need to keep doing a clean reinstall - especially with all of those steps! 

Hi there @_19-wuicysnlr,

Thank you for your reply and feedback in this thread.

This is expected. However, if you think this feature will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts