Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Local Files Sync, but Playlist Doesn't Recognize Them

Local Files Sync, but Playlist Doesn't Recognize Them

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Google Pixel 5a 5G

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

So, starting on the 31st of January, my local files that I synced between my PC and my Android app suddenly unloaded, becoming grayed out. I've had this sort of issue off and on, but that day it was really sudden. About 70% of this playlist is local files. I have been doing this without issue for years.

Most of the songs that remained were either ones from Soundcloud/Bandcamp, and two songs that were downloaded by other means (These are all remixes, so there's no "official" way to obtain them, as the community does this for free and encourages this, so don't recommend solutions regarding this), as well as songs added through Spotify.

I have already:

• Uninstalled both apps on PC and phone and then reinstalled
  • Made sure everything was up to date
  • Cleared the cache
  • Reset the local file detection
  • Restarted both systems
  • Ensured that all songs had the appropriate metadata

After doing a bit of digging, I realized that the phone IS syncing the local files. I can see them when I plug in my phone into my PC to look at the files, AND if I go to local files on my phone, it recognizes all the music is there! Additionally, if I had the app redownload the playlist, it would actually download a whole new copy of each song (when I checked the folder, it had 7 copies of every song)

So, Spotify has synced the files, but it, for whatever reason, does not make the connection between the now local file, and the song in the playlist.

Screenshot_20240203-115945[1].png
Screenshot_20240203-115953[1].png
c0e0f4f66db8435f40a015cb8a0113b0.png
1 Reply

Hey there @MattsyKun,

Thanks for posting this thread and for the details and screenshots!

To start, could you make sure that both devices are connected to the same network? If the songs are shown in the Local Files folder then they should work outside of it too and for this, we recommend removing the songs from your other playlist(s) and then adding them once again to see if that'll change anything.

Keep us posted 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts