Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Local file transfers on android constantly breaking

Local file transfers on android constantly breaking

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Samsung Galaxy S21 

Operating System

Android

I've been using local files on spotify for years, and it seems like it never just works. i mostly transfer music onto spotify from my laptop and then download them onto my phone, and that's usually fine. but there are always a few random songs that go bad. like, they won't download on my phone, or they just get greyed out after a few days despite working at first, and still working on my laptop's spotify player. all my mp3s are perfectly playable on other music players too. this kept happening on my old phones as well as my current one, and it's really frustrating.  sometimes deleting a song completely on all playlists on my phone and re-downloading it from my computer fixes it, but it will often break again after a few days, and it feels like a waste of time. i just wanna listen to my tunes, man 😞

Screenshot_20221213_201227_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221213_201335_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221213_201358_Spotify.jpg
1 Reply

Hey @Ninkazu

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

We'd suggest to grant the Spotify app permission to your photos and video to see if that'll fix it for you. Go to settings > Apps > Spotify. Make sure to allow all of them.

If your local files are still not playing or they're grayed out, it's also a good idea to head to this FAQ to double check if they're supported formats. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts