Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Local files on my own device are not synced to the app

Local files on my own device are not synced to the app

I toggled on the "Show local files" option, I had a bunch of .mp3 files saved and those still show and play.

The problem stands with files that I downloaded after I set up the option.

1. I renamed them all; the app showed me two files: the renamed one and one with the old name, which I couldn't play, of course

2. To avoid so, I renamed the files before I downloaded them and that seemed to do the trick

3. I had to delete all the "double" files (it was actually just /one/, it just showed up twice) and since then my local files are just stuck like that: it still shows me all the old files (that do not exist on my device anymore) and won't sync with the new ones.

I tried to delete the cache, all data, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, nothing works.

Operating System

Android 10, MIUI 12.04

3 Replies

Hey @agri1,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

Just so we're on the same page, are you trying to use Spotify as a media player to play music files stored on your mobile device? If yes, then you could try restarting your device to see if that does the trick. Another thing is to change the location of the music files.

If you're having issues with downloading local files from your computer to your mobile device, make sure that the Spotify app to access your local network.

Keep us posted on this.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi!

My case was the first option. Actually, the problem persisted for even a couple of days; I rebooted and turned off my phone multiple times, I cleared the data and deleted/reinstalled the app, I moved the files elsewhere. Since nothing worked, I turned off the optiona and kind of forgot about it... I remembered it only some days ago and now it seems to work normally! I don't know what fixed it, but I'm grateful nonentheless! lol

Thank you!

Hey @agri1,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Glad to hear that it worked out and you can play your favorite jams.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts