Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Local files

Local files

Why I am not able to play my (PC) local files on my phone anymore? I put a local file to a playlist from my pc, let it sync to my phone, but the local files stay grayed out on my phone and says this song is unavailable... What's the deal?

Even using spotify connect the problem persist, for some reason spotify just doesn't let me play local files on my phone.

4 Replies

Having the same problem. I downloaded some mp3s onto my laptop and added them to some playlists on Spotify. When I open Spotify on my Samsung, the files are unplayable, and when I set the playlist to Available Offline, it says Waiting To Download and just stays that way. Normally, songs would sync immediately but these haven't at all. I haven't exceeded my song limit or my Offline days limit yet, and I have plenty of space available on my phone. What's going on? 

Are you using the new desktop version 1.0.1?

The devices section in the left sidebar has not been added yet. It will be coming back in a future update.

That could by why you are having trouble.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It seems to say I have version 0.9.15.27.g87efe634. I don't know how up to date that is, but I did download Spotify onto this particular laptop only about three weeks ago so it must be pretty new, right? It does say Devices on the left, but when I click on it it doesn't actually show my devices, it just yields a pretty sparse page which says "Take Your Music Everywhere" and has a little information about syncing with iPods, iPhones, and Androids. Does this count as me having the devices section? 

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts