Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Main window is cropped

Main window is cropped

Plan: Premium

Device: Chromebook (HP Pro c640)

Operating System: Chrome OS 89 (~Android)

My Question or Issue

The main window of the app is cropped so I cannot access the lower part of it.

- when in large view (tablet mode), the left panel is ok, but not the main window

- when in slim view (phone mode), same: the bottom panel is ok, but the main window is cropped

You can see the screenshots for more info: the last playlists are hidden and I cannot scroll down more:

Screenshot 2021-04-14 15.02.47.png

Same here:

adjerbetian_2-1618405606228.png

And the same happens on the playlist view of the songs where you can see the bottom is cropped:

adjerbetian_3-1618405711584.png

10 Replies

Hey hey @adjerbetian!

Thanks for reaching out and your screenshots. This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

Does the web player version of the app work as expected for you or do you have trouble scrolling there as well? 

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Thank you for your quick answer, and sorry for the delay.

I did try to reinstall the app, I even cleared all the data to have a fresh install, but it's still the same.

The web player is working normally, and I actually switched to it now.

I'm sorry I don't have more information to give you. I thought it could be linked to the screen size, zoom, or even the double screen, but I couldn't get rid of the cropping. Tell me if you want to try some things.

Hey @adjerbetian,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to avoid confusion - the app displays correctly on other devices, right?  Could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event, like installing an app update. Also, could you ask a friend or family member to log in on your devices and see if the issue comes up there as well? Alternatively you can create a free one here and use it for the test.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Hi,
It's on my new Chromebook, so I can imagine this being an unusual case. It happened on the fresh installation, so it started at the first install.

I connected with another account and I have the same thing:

adjerbetian_0-1619007972070.png

Hey @adjerbetian,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you please make sure that the app has all permissions enabled and is excluded from all battery and storage optimization services on your Chromebook? We recommend also changing the app zoom level using ctrl+= and ctrl+- and checking if that fixes the issue.

On another note, to make sure that we're on the same page - the issue doesn't appear on other devices, correct? 

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Hi Mihail,
Yes it only appears on the Chromebook. On my personally Android device, it works.
There is no special settings for the app on the Chomebook.

And also, just in case, I repeat that this cropping happens only on the android app on the chromebook, not with the webplayer. And on the android app, I cannot zoom in or out: the ctrl+ / ctrl- doesn't work, only on the web player.

But again, if the problem is only for me, we can drop it: I'm using the web player now and it works very well, so this is not an issue for me anymore.

Hey @adjerbetian,

Thanks testing this out and getting back to us.

Could you please check if changing the Text and Display / Font size in the Chrome OS settings makes a difference? We appreciate your patience and cooperation on the matter.

Let us know how you get on. We'd love to investigate this further. 

Mihail Moderator

Unfortunately not. I've put the zoom to 100%, closed the app and started it again, and the problem is still there:

adjerbetian_0-1619095585740.png

Hey @adjerbetian,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We appreciate the time you took to report this and the screenshots you've provided. The app is best optimized for Windows/Mac devices, as well as smartphones and tablets, regrettably we can't provide an immediate solution for Chrome OS.  We'll take this case in consideration when moving forward, however we can't provide an exact time for a fix. We recommend that you keep tan eye out for future updates in order not to miss any rolled out fixes and improvements.

Keep well and do let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Mihail Moderator

Thank you for having looked into that.

Suggested posts