Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Offline Mode loses tracks within a few days

Offline Mode loses tracks within a few days

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy M12

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I recently went abroad and didn't have WiFi access. 

Prior to going on Holiday I downloaded several albums (to device memory) and switched it to Offline mode.

After a few days away - all tracks etc., became inaccessible.

When I connected to WiFi, they became accessible again; however, after a few days - all tracks etc., became inaccessible again.

I retried after returning from holiday, and the same thing occurred.

I've since read that this may be an ongoing issue; if so, how long is it likely to be 'ongoing'? It seems quite a while now (and yes, I've tried a reinstall, clean reinstall & everything else that's recommended). 

For £9.99 a month, this isn't good enough. One of Spotify's selling points for a Premium account is " Play anywhere - even offline" this isn't entirely true if you need to go online every few days to retain your downloaded albums and playlists.

Secondary query - does anyone know or have experience with Amazon Music? Have they got a similar situation where you need to go online every few days to access 'offline' content? (or similar tech issues). Maybe it's time for a change - shame as I've been a Premium subscriber since Nov 2017.

2 Replies

I have exactly same problem on my samsung phone and samsung tablet

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here.

It sounds like you might be experiencing this issue. We can confirm that the right team is currently looking into this.

You can follow the steps under the Status Update as well as add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any news about this.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts