Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Offline button disappeared

Solved!

Offline button disappeared

Within the last week the offline button disappeared from the menu. Usually I went to my profile pic, settings & privacy and then could activate/deactivate the offline mode. But it now simply has disappeared. This means I can't use Spotify when I'm on the way as it is constantly set to online now which simply requires too much data volume. In consequence Spotify premium is now useless for me as this (-> listening while being en route) was the only reason for me to acquire this plan. Anyone else experienced this issue? 

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20+

Operating System

Android Version 13

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @monocat13, welcome to the Spotify Community!

When you download content offline, it is stored on your device so you can play it when you have no internet connection. If you do not have the offline mode enabled but the content is still saved offline then Spotify uses the same offline data.

It does not stream the content if it is available offline to save data. However, you an enable offline mode explicitly when required.

Can you share a screenshot of your app settings so I can take a closer look? The offline mode toggle should be available under the playback settings.

Keep me posted.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I was having the same problem and just figured it out!  The off-line switch used to be under Playback, but I just noticed a new tab called Data-saving and Offline down at the bottom of the list (that list of options when you touch on your face at the top of the screen).  Offline mode is now under Data-saving and Offline.  They move this thing around so much, it's pretty annoying.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @monocat13, welcome to the Spotify Community!

When you download content offline, it is stored on your device so you can play it when you have no internet connection. If you do not have the offline mode enabled but the content is still saved offline then Spotify uses the same offline data.

It does not stream the content if it is available offline to save data. However, you an enable offline mode explicitly when required.

Can you share a screenshot of your app settings so I can take a closer look? The offline mode toggle should be available under the playback settings.

Keep me posted.

AmayySpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The iffline button has disappeared on my Spotify too. I assume this is a dault that Spotify need to fix asap?

Hey there @Finno1

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community. 

Could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one? 

If this happens only on a specific device, sending us its exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version would come in handy. Additionally, could you send us a screenshot of the app settings? We'll take a closer look. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The offline button has disappeared on my Spotify too. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G. I can't put it on online anymore. Very unpleasant. Thanks for your help!

Hey @1156071852,

Thanks for posting in this thread!

Could you double-check if you have any battery saving settings turned on? You should be able to see this in your device's settings. It's also worth clearing saved cache from the app. Once it's done, make sure to log out and back in again. Completing these steps will resync your account info. 

Another option is to do a clean reinstall. This will clear saved cache too, as well as ensure that you're running the latest app version.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you send us a photo or video showing how things look from your end? If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

Let us know how it goes!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I go to settings and then playback and the online / offline button is not there at all . I have uninstalled and reinstalled 

Screenshot_20240720-115408.png

This has happened to me too. Same on every smartphone, all androids, in our family. Reinstallation of Spotify solves the problem but the offline mode disappears very rapidly again. Not sure what triggers it but I guess it has something to do with frequent switching of this mode. We use this much in our family. 

Clearing cache doesn't help.

Spotify, you must be able to reproduce this at your end without begging us for more troubleshooting information. You must have tons of developers and testers.

Screenshot_20240720_224837_Spotify.jpg

Marked as solution

I was having the same problem and just figured it out!  The off-line switch used to be under Playback, but I just noticed a new tab called Data-saving and Offline down at the bottom of the list (that list of options when you touch on your face at the top of the screen).  Offline mode is now under Data-saving and Offline.  They move this thing around so much, it's pretty annoying.

I saw that as well as an option but I uninstalled the app again and
reinstalled and the button was back . This has happened multiple times
before, just this time on my first reinstall it didn't work. It worked when
I uninstalled a second time. It's frustrating because I then have to
redownload all my liked songs and redo all my previous settings.

Thanks! 🙂🙃 Yeah, it's not very professional to move it this much in so short time. It wasn't long ago they moved it to playback section. 

Extremely strange that it appeared under playback after my factory reset. I mean I must have got the latest version when downloading Spotify again. 🤔🤣

Spotify encoders keeps moving the switch over the years. More times this year alone. Whoever decided this, can't make up their damn mind. 

This is the real solution! Thank you!

Not the solution and not at all helpful. You are blaming the users rather than Spotify's design flaws. 

The mods here are wrong, check kjoyner1970's response for the actual solution. 

@kjoyner1970's post is the true MVP comment and should be marked as the solution!! Thank you!

Suggested posts