Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

OnePlus 6 & Bose QC35 playback issue

OnePlus 6 & Bose QC35 playback issue

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland 

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

OxygenOS 9.0 

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have an issue with my Bluetooth headset and a new version of Oxygen - or this is where I think that the problem is.

As I listen to music I have "clicks" and disturbance in music. For some reason, it is worse on some tracks and less bad with some else. One of the worst ones is with this track: 

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QLHGv0DfpeXLNFo7SFEy1?si=m1ZgPR9MTq6RXfLVdl6Bnw

If I connect my phone to my JBL Bluetooth speaker there is no issue with sound. If I connect my headphones to Samsung S7 - no issues.

So the only issue is with the setup:

OnePlus 6 & Spofity & Bose QC35.

All of my devices have the newest software and I have cleaned phones chace and removed the Bluetooth connection from both devices several times.

How to solve this issue and what is causing the problem?

3 Replies

Hey @asimply.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out 🙂

Is it possible for you to try streaming some other kind of music (not from Spotify) using the OnePlus 6/Bose QC35 combination and seeing if you experience the same issue?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and I have now new information to this:

- OnePlus has launched a new update and I installed it: it did not help

- We did try the same thing with my friend's phone (same model) and the issue is the same.

No the most important notice:

This same problem came out with Google Play.

As this is also happening with Google the issue is not in Spotify`s app. The issue is between Oneplus 6 new firmware (9.0.1 and 9.0.2) and Bose QC35. The Bose is working just great with all other Bluetooth devices I have tested so the issue is in OnePlus 6! 

Hey @asimply.

Thanks for getting back to us and trying out the things we suggested 🙂

We hope you manage to find a solution to your issue! 

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with that concerns the Spotify app - we'll be right here if you need us 🙂

Suggested posts