Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Play on android phone gives pause on chromecast and reverse, no sound at all

Play on android phone gives pause on chromecast and reverse, no sound at all

Have a problem with playing the music on my chromecast with the spotify app on my phone.

When I have it on play in the app on the phone the song is showed as paused on the TV the chromecast is connected to. If I put the song to pause in the app it is showed a playing on the TV. There is no sound at all coming from either phone or TV.

This problem just showed up today, never had this issue before. I tried both restarting the chromecast and re-installing the spotify app, nothing worked.

Any ideas?

8 Replies

same here. stupid rubbish apps

Same problem that just happened today as well, haven't found any troubleshooting that fixes yet.

Same..

Got some kind of an answer from Chrisopher C at their chat-service:

Quote: 

"Checking, at the moment Spotify on Chromecast will only work in the following countries:

- US

- UK

- France

- Germany

And also, first edition Chromecast devices will not be compatible for playback."

And:

"TBH, I'm not sure of the exact reason why it's suddenly removed. "

In other words: Spotify wont work om 1st-gen chromecast, and not at all unless youre american, british, french or german.

Does anyone have any experience with Apple Music or Tidal?

I can't think of a valid reason why streaming through chromecast would be suddenly restricted to certain countries. This sounds like "fake news" to me. Certainly spotify still works fine on my chromecast with a Polish premium subscription.

I can understand them phasing out support for older devices but to do so without an announcement is unforgivable.

I was thinking the same thing...

Solution!

I don't know which part did the trick, but heres what i did:

Reinstalled the Spotify app

Reinstalled the Google Home app

Factory Reset on my chromecast(held the button down for 15-20 sec.)

New chromecast setup.

Didnt look like this worked so i just hit the pause/play button like 50 times and waited for a few second. Now it works.

Just... amazing. Let me know if the trick does it for you guys

Update: Confronted them about their bull**bleep** answer. They didnt admit to anything but i got a free month. So..

Suggested posts