Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Samsung Galaxy SIII] Can't play songs, etc. usual crap from a terrible app. WTF.

[Samsung Galaxy SIII] Can't play songs, etc. usual crap from a terrible app. WTF.

The Spotify app on my Galaxy S3 is causing me some real issues here.

Now before I start, please don't fob me off with that generic rubbish about uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, etc. because I've already tried it a million times over. And yes, I understand some other threads exist that relate to my issues but I'd rather a new thread be created so that this problem will be more highlighted.

Here's my description:

After downloading music, sometimes not all of my downloaded collection will be displayed, despite it previously being available offline. Sometimes, the collection will not show up at all, even while connected to the internet. Sometimes when an internet connection is established, Spotify will continue to report that no internet connection can be found. Sometimes, the app will randomly force close for no good reason (yes I have been sending bug reports).

I expect to be able to play my music after paying for a music streaming service.

I have restarted my device many times after following all the troubleshooting tips, sometimes it will work briefly but it will always end up back with same issues.

Yes I read all the connection troubleshooting blah blah blah

Device is a Samsung Galaxy S3

Operating System is Android 4.3 Jellybean

I'm using Spotify Premium.

Space left on device is 10.59GB

Yes device is rooted

Running CyanogenMod 10.2 (don't try and blame this on my custom ROM because I had the same issues on stock firmware)

I don't use an external SD card.

No, I installed the latest version straightaway from the Play Store

Yes issue exists while using both Wifi and Mobile networks

Spotify version is 0.7.2.402-g40e8dcb4

Mobile provider is Vodafone UK

Username is mr.scott.3720

Signed in via Facebook

No screenshots available

This has been going on for some time now, at least a year from what I've read on the internet and it's highly frustrating to see no solution and a lack of communication from Spotify about the issue.

I find it unfair that Spotify expects people to pay for a music streaming service, but does not prioritise an issue when customers cannot access that service. I really hope to see Spotify fix this issue or they will be losing my business to Google Play Music's All Access subscription.

7 Replies

Hey. Collection I thought was still in Beta testing. Did you apply for beta testing? If so maybe the relevant beta forum is a better place for support.

If you didn't apply for the beta programme then I would suggest that you delete everything you have added to Collection (probably easiest from the desktop client) then clear the cache and restart your S3. If you stick with playlists and don't add anything to Collection, hopefully the app should be more stable for you.

The issues you describe have been reported to the developers and hopefully will be sorted out in time.

Hello jwylot,

I had no idea the Collection feature was still in beta testing, it was nice of Spotify to notify me of that little snag!

However the problems I have described do also apply to my playlists. I will uninstall Spotify on my phone, clear my collection on my OS X client, then reinstall Spotify to sync only my playlists. I will report back here to confirm whether the problem has been resolved. Thank you for replying.

I'm hoping it will work but please shout if you still have issues.

Okay it's working for now, shows all my playlists and is downloading everything correctly.

Will report back tomorrow to see if it works and then a week later to see if it hasn't broken yet.

Here's a screenshot to evidence it.

Screenshot_2013-11-22-23-38-21.png

Awesome. Just pretend you don't have Collection for now 🙂

Still working for now, will post back in a few days to confirm whether this problem has been resolved.

Hey @mrscott1337 I'm just trying to collect some data to work out why random android users have received Collection even though they didn't apply for the beta programme.. Could you please let me have the username of your account (By private message if you prefer)

Thanks..

Suggested posts