Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Search BUG?

Search BUG?

Device

Android 

My Question or Issue

Hello friends,

So I know there are easy fixes for the search problems ( where all searches are offline and only look up songs that are downloaded to the device)

Many have posted temporary fixes such as 

- Restart device

- close app

- log off and sign back on

But I have only found this as a TEMPORARY Fix and It is starting to become a hassle to spend the time to completely get Spotify to function again.

Question: Is this a common bug with everyone and Will there be a fix for this issue? 

Extra information:

- I have seen this occur on multiple devices, not just my own.

- Only on the app on smart devices, (Apps on desktop don't seem to have this issue)

A fun little problem, what do you think :D. I wonder if this has to do with cell phones switching from Wi-fi to Cell Data? 

1 Reply

Hey @MelloM,

Welcome to the community!

You shouldn't be experiencing this issue, let's get to the bottom of this!

First up, let's try a quick clean reinstall of the Spotify app by following these stepsThis usually helps with many ongoing issues like this.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of your Spotify app and the exact version of the operating system you're running? Also, can you check if there and any updates available for the Spotify app and if the issue occurs over data as well as WiFi? 

Let me know how it goes. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts