Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Similar songs not playing after searched song anymore

Solved!

Similar songs not playing after searched song anymore

When I first used Spotify, there used to be a feature where the app would play random songs after the one that I manually searched for but now it's gone.

I tried enabling shuffle, disabling repeat and making sure autoplay is enabled but nothing changed. I have this issue on PC too

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mokkori,

Thanks for the post!

Sorry to hear that this is happening. Since the issue is present on multiple devices, can you try the following:

• Disable Autoplay
  • Log out of the app and back in twice in a row
  • Enable Autoplay again

The re-logging should force sync your account to the servers. Note that if the song you're playing is from a very niche genre or a new artist, the app might not be able to generate the Autoplay list. 

Just in case can you try to search for this song: https://open.spotify.com/track/57BrRMwf9LrcmuOsyGilwr?si=565be80a443646b4 and check if Autoplay activates afterwards. I just tried this on my end and it works as expected.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mokkori,

Thanks for the post!

Sorry to hear that this is happening. Since the issue is present on multiple devices, can you try the following:

• Disable Autoplay
  • Log out of the app and back in twice in a row
  • Enable Autoplay again

The re-logging should force sync your account to the servers. Note that if the song you're playing is from a very niche genre or a new artist, the app might not be able to generate the Autoplay list. 

Just in case can you try to search for this song: https://open.spotify.com/track/57BrRMwf9LrcmuOsyGilwr?si=565be80a443646b4 and check if Autoplay activates afterwards. I just tried this on my end and it works as expected.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

It worked! Thank you so much!

Hey @mokkori,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

We're glad to know that everything is working good now. We appreciate the time you took following the troubleshooting steps and sharing your solution.

If anything else comes up, remember that we're just a post away.

Have a great one. 

OscarDCModerator

hi, it still doesnt work for me, so do have a solution?

Hey there @BauerBaum

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if you've already tried the steps @Alex mentioned previously?

If so and they didn't work, could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one? Also, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your affected device(s) to see if they can replicate this behavior with their account? 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Ive tried and it’s still not working for me for some reason and i am not sure why

Hi @Devilsprada,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

Is this happening all the time? Or do you get correct recommendations sometimes? You can try searching for different songs to check that. Bear in mind that as @Alex mentioned, if the song you're playing is from a very niche genre or a new artist, the app might not be able to generate the Autoplay list. 

Additionality, does this happen across devices or only on a specific one? And did you try logging in with a different account as we suggested?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts