Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song plays with no sound and gets stuck

Song plays with no sound and gets stuck

I've got this issue where if i losten to an album or playlist Spotify after playing a song goes to the next song but no audio plays. It also stays on that song and gets stuck. It will keep playing the song even if the song is over. Example the song is 3:34 and the run time will be 17:12. If i skip the song manually and then go back its fine.
3 Replies

Hi @Dafruitiestpeer,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We'll need to gather more info about what's happening first. For starters, let us know if this happens with just one device in particular or all of them, and if you've tried any troubleshooting steps to fix it (e.g., a reinstallation, a soft reset, a different internet connection).

Additionally, would you mind sending us a video recording of this behavior? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public. This will help us better understand the situation.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Susan_GP

Thank you for your reply, i use Spotify on my Android and on my PS5. On the later its working no problem it used to work fine on Android also. I've re installed the app, reset it and tried it on my home wifi, 5G and work wifi all have the same result. Its not always on the same track either.  

I've linked a video below

https://youtu.be/pqsVjgPgjxw?feature=shared

Hi @Dafruitiestpeer,

Thanks for your prompt and the info provided.

We understand you already reinstalled the app, but we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall by following these steps. This is a more thorough process and can sometimes help.

If that doesn't help, try logging in with a different account on your mobile device and check if you can replicate the behavior from there. If you don't have another account, you could ask a relative or friend to log in from your device for a bit and try it.

Lastly, if you have an SD card, try removing it and using Spotify for a bit without inserting it back.

Keep us posted!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts