Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs are playing but there is no sound [Huawei Ascend Y300]

Solved!

Songs are playing but there is no sound [Huawei Ascend Y300]

Hi,

I've been using Spotify for about a year now, both on my PC and my Phone. I have Spotify Premium and it has always worked until a few weeks ago. I have a rooted Huawei Ascend Y300 with the newest version of Spotify. Every song that I tap on plays, but there is never any sound. I have checked my sound options on my phone, the sound settings in Spotify, done about 5 clean reinstalls, cleared cache, restarted my phone a few times and removed the batteries, tried different versions, but nothing seems to work.

Can anybody PLEASE help me with a solution? I use Spotify every day on my pc and I pay every month. I cannot accept that it is not working right now.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, rooted phones and custom ROMs can complicate troubleshooting. All I can suggest is that you return your phone to factory spec and see if spotify works then.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You said you were on 4.4? Looking at the official update page 4.1 is the latest release:

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-phones/support/downloads/y300-en.htm

Can I therefore assume you are running a custom ROM? If so I'd suggest posting in the ROM thread to see if the developer may have accidentally changed a lib or something with media output.

If you are not running a custom ROM, I'd recommend applying the firmware update I linked to above to see if it was corrupt.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Do other music apps play normally? Can you just confirm your android and spotify versions?

Yes, all other (music) apps play music or sounds just fine. I'm on KitKat 4.4 and the newest spotify from the google play store.

Did it work for you before? Did you change anything which may have caused this problem? Could you follow the steps in this post - it deals with another issue but will make sure you start with a completely clean installation. If you still have problems, please shout.

Yes, it always used to work for about a year and suddenly it stopped. The only thing I did might have been the rooting, but it shouldn't change a thing. I'll try the steps in that post later and post the results.

I tried the steps in your post but it didn't do anything for me. I just did a factory reset to see if that helps but I still have no sound.

The weird thing is, that when I tap on a song, it plays in silence (even though my media volume is raised), but then when I use my volume buttons to change the volume, it's like my phone doesn't recognize the music being played. Because it shows me the Ringtone volume raising, and not the media volume. I feel like Spotify isn't correctly connected to my phone or something.

Maybe someone can provide a solution with this info?

Marked as solution

Unfortunately, rooted phones and custom ROMs can complicate troubleshooting. All I can suggest is that you return your phone to factory spec and see if spotify works then.

Marked as solution

You said you were on 4.4? Looking at the official update page 4.1 is the latest release:

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-phones/support/downloads/y300-en.htm

Can I therefore assume you are running a custom ROM? If so I'd suggest posting in the ROM thread to see if the developer may have accidentally changed a lib or something with media output.

If you are not running a custom ROM, I'd recommend applying the firmware update I linked to above to see if it was corrupt.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I am using Cyanogenmod 11, but I think I'll just go back to my stock ROM and see if it works.

Well, I managed to fix it. I unrooted my phone and went back to factory settings and my phone is 100% clean. Downloaded Spotify and I can finally listen to music again!

Thanks for the help.

Glad you got it working. May be worth checking the CM forums to see if there's a known issue with spotify if you prefer to go back to a custom ROM.

Don't set the streaming quality as automatic. It'll conflict with cm's audiofx or viperaudio and the sound will be muted.

Set streaming quality as either normal or high.

Suggested posts