Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify App is not listed on Play Store for Wear OS 2.0 or 2.0+ - Was it discontinued?

Spotify App is not listed on Play Store for Wear OS 2.0 or 2.0+ - Was it discontinued?

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Tichwatch E and Ticwatch S

Operating System

Wear OS 2.0 +

My Question:

Was spotify App for Wear OS 2.0 or 2.0+ discontinued on Play Store?

I tried to install Wear OS app on a Ticwatch S today and I searched for Spotify App on Play Store but Spotify APP didn´t appear on the search list of Play Store for Wear OS.

I also have a Ticwatch E, on which I installed the Spotify app last year, which continues to work flawlessly so far.

I also searched the Play Store for Ticwatch E to check if the Spotify App was available, however the search didn't show any results as well, just like on the Ticwatch S, although the Ticwatch E already had the Spotify app installed since last year.

Both Ticwatch S and Ticwatch E are using the same version of Wear OS which is version 2.37 with Android 8.0

I also have a Galaxy Watch4 Classic 46mm LTE on which spotify is working perfectly and even when I search for the Galaxy Watch4's Play Store app the app appears in the search list and allows me to install Spotify.

Apparently spotify is not showing up in the Play Store of smartwatches with older version of Wear OS

Was Spotify App discontinued for Wear OS 2.0+? Could anyone let me know?

4 Replies

I have had Spotify on my Huawei Watch 2 running wear OS 2 for as long as I have had it. Then I was forced to do a factory reset and after that I can't install it anymore. On the play store on the watch I can't find Spotify and on the play store on the web it shows the app as "not compatible" for the watch.

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Huawei Watch 2  (connected to  Samsung Galaxy S10)

Operating System

Wear OS 2.38

Hey there @dalgspot & @murilo_mendes,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! 

There was a recent change in the minimum Android version requirement regarding the Wear OS + Spotify compatibility.

The effect of the change is that users on Android 8 (or prior versions) who already have the Spotify Wear OS app will not receive an update past 8.7.38. You may keep using the app if you still have it, but if you've removed it for some reason there will be no way for you to install it again. 

As the minimum requirement to get the Spotify Wear OS App is Android 9, in case your devices can support that operating system, you can update it & you should be able to get the app 🙂

More info regarding the watch app can be found here.
Thank you for understanding!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I've tried again. I checked for OS updates on the watch and it was updated
(Wear OS: 2.38, Android version: 8.0.0 Play Services: 22.26.15), and on the
phone which was updated as well (Android: 12, Play Services: July 1 2022).
I have now tried with different internet connections, 1) via WiFi, 2) via
3G, 3) via BT and phone connected via VPN to Germany (from Sweden). I
always get the same result: I can't find Spotify in the play store. I have
also check Play store in Germany and the US via VPN on a PC (browser) and
they both list the Huawei Watch 2 as "not compatible".

HELLO EVERYONE!! THE SAME THIS HAPPENED WITH ME BUT I FOUND A SOLUTION! THINGS ARE BACK TO NORMAL. I'M USING A OPPO WATCH WITH WEAR OS AND IVE GOTTEN SPOTIFY BACK UP AND RUNNING ON IT.!! 

**bleep**'ll give you the fix there. (Not doing it here coz don't want Google to find out and remove it lol) 

Suggested posts