Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify app will auto-start up with playback playing from a different location daily

Spotify app will auto-start up with playback playing from a different location daily

I have Spotify running 24/7 generally in my office (I just mute the speakers at the end of each working day). It connects to a speaker via bluetooth from a Mac mini in the office.

The Spotify app on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy A53) auto-starts up playing the same playlist that is playing in my office on a daily basis randomly at some point overnight. I am at a different location miles away from my office.

It's a bit strange how the playback will just switch from one device to another completely on its own accord.

Can anyone explain what is going on and if there is a setting that I can prevent this from happening? I can't even close the app on my phone, I have to go into Settings > Apps and force close the Spotify app - but it still doesn't stop this scenario happening again that night.

Very odd.

3 Replies

Hey @zigojacko,

Thanks for reaching out.

As a first step, can you check your phone for any Bixby routines that might be starting Spotify on your device? For more info on this, please reach out to Samsung support.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your reply. There are no Bixby routines on my phone although Bixby is on it (I have removed this before and Samsung keep adding it back when it has a software update).

Hey @zigojacko,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd suggest that you check if you have Google clock Alarm with Spotify set on your device. 

If the above is not the case, we'd also recommend that you check out this thread here. Community members have shared what has worked for them when it comes to this issue. Apart from Google clock and Bixby, there are other apps, which can set Spotify as a form of an alarm clock for various routines on Samsung phones.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts