Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify chromecast stops working randomly

Spotify chromecast stops working randomly

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Xiaomi 12T

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

I connect my phone to my TV via chromecast. It's extremely slow and it's pretty normal because it's spotify. I start playing a song and close my phone. It plays just fine but after 5m I grap my phone and chromecast disconnects as soon as I open my phone. It only happens with spotify. Not youtube, not deezer or any other app. Also why is there no lyrics display with chromecast??? Deezer displats lyrics and works much better and runs much smoother.

1 Reply

Hi @omerakgoz34,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome!

Did you notice when this first started to happen and have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

I recommend making sure you're running the newest available Spotify-version on your phone and just to be on the safe side, to clear any corrupted cached files that may be causing performance issues. You can take a look at this help article.

It'd be great if you could try connecting a different device to the Chromecast to test if any playback-related issues would appear there as well.

When it comes to lyrics, it's worth mentioning that they won’t work with Spotify Connect. However, if you’re using screen mirroring like Chromecast from the mobile app, you should be able to see the lyrics there too. Check out this FAQ post for more details.

Keep us posted 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts