Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify keeps stopping

Spotify keeps stopping

I've had spotify for a long time and it pains me not to have access to it since I listen to music every chance I get. The app recently stopped working, every time I click the app, it shows the logo as if it's loading and then leaves the app, saying "Spotify has stopped working".

I honestly don't know what to do, I've reinstalled it many times but the same problem keeps happening. I've done that trick of powering it off, taking out the SD card and reinstalling it again but that didn't work either. 

I know it's not my account because I can still open spotify in my other devices.  And I don't know if it helps but the app of Netflix also had the same problem (I mean, it still does)

I have a premium account and a Samsung Galxy J3. I hope someone can help me, I really need spotify on my phone.

1 Reply

Hey @SmolPIRATE,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this! Sorry for replying a bit late.

We recommend you try these steps out if the issue persists:

1. Go to Settings on your phone.
  2. Select "Apps".
  3. Tap "Spotify" in the app list.
  4. Tap on "Storage> Clear Data" for a clean reinstallation.
  5. Tap Uninstall.
  6. Open Google Play and install the Spotify Music app.

There is something else you could do if that does not help. Go to:

• Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
  • Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
  • Then restart the phone.

Please tell us how tha worked out for you.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts