Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify playlists/folders order isn't synced between Windows/Android.

Solved!

Spotify playlists/folders order isn't synced between Windows/Android.

Hello all!

Today has ocurred something weird. I opened Spotify on my Android device and I saw that the order of the folders has changed. I thought that I accidentally changed the folders order in the Windows app, but I didn't. When I re-order the folders/playlists something really weird happened. I can't "move" anything to the top. In Windows app seems to works well, but in Android device the order isn't showing properly.

Look at this example:

Windows:

• Folder a.
  • Folder b.
  • Folder c.
  • Folder d.

Android:

• Folder b.
  • Folder a.
  • Folder d.
  • Folder c.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I tried reinstalling the Android app, but didn't work.

EDIT: The playlist order inside the folders seems to work correctly. I think it's a "main screen" problem.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @agustinp

I got the same problem but there is a fix. Apparently, they added playlists sorting in the Android app. Just open Your Library -> Playlists and then scroll up from the top. A bar with a filter and 3 lines menu will show up. Press on the 3 lines and chose Sort by custom. That will revert to the previous sorting of your playlists. I am attaching a screenshot for clarification.

Hope this will help you. Happy listening 🙂

Screenshot_20190226-163243_Spotify.jpg

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @agustinp

I got the same problem but there is a fix. Apparently, they added playlists sorting in the Android app. Just open Your Library -> Playlists and then scroll up from the top. A bar with a filter and 3 lines menu will show up. Press on the 3 lines and chose Sort by custom. That will revert to the previous sorting of your playlists. I am attaching a screenshot for clarification.

Hope this will help you. Happy listening 🙂

Screenshot_20190226-163243_Spotify.jpg

Hi again.

Thanks, but I can't do that. Let me explain:

I haven't that option (neither "filter" bar). It only appears inside of ONE folder, but not in "main screen" (your picture) nor other folders.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I've moved few playlists to "main screen", and the menu/bar has appeared! It's only visible when you have a lot of playlists/folder, too bad!

But, for now, it's fixed! Thank you @jsannn.

Thanks again!

Regards.

I had the same problem!

Fixed 🙂

Thanks.

Suggested posts