Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify plays after alarm

Spotify plays after alarm

1. None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Moto G6

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Spotify plays with my alarms, but recently after I turn off the alarms, not letting music continue playing, music will start playing choppily after a couple minutes. The icon for Spotify shows it is paused but music is still playing. The only solution I've found is skipping to the next song. This started this last week (Feb 1 roughly).

4 Replies

I have been having the same issue on my Pixel 2 XL. Just started about a week ago or so. 

This issue started on the 4th of February for me too and I hold a Google Pixel 4.

Same exact issue for me, started at the same time. On a Galaxy S10+. Spotify and Google's Clock app. 

I'm having a similar issue on my Pixel 3a. I could play a Spotify playlist through Android Clock just as I have for about a year and a half across other types of phones. On Feb 5th I noticed that a default clock tune would go off for my alarm and Spotify kicks in about 5 seconds letter and it just becomes an awful cacophony of sound as the two things play simultaneously. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Spotify three times in the past few months and deleting it's cache. I've also deleted the he Clock's cache, tried a forced stop, and disabled/re-enabled it but nothing works. I'm also seeing that playlists no longer show up as the top selections. Instead, there are premade playlists and I have to really dig to find my own...but, again, anything that does play from Spotify plays over some default Clock tune.

The only thing I've seen as a solution online is to download an older version of Spotify or upgrading it, bit I don't seem to have that option on my phone. I uninstalled and reinstalled this morning and have version 8.5.49.973 but I'm still having the same problem and it's pretty infuriating.

Suggested posts