Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify randomly pauses, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Spotify randomly pauses, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Hey guys,

So I first noticed the random pausing happening more and more frequently anytime I was connected to a listening device via bluetooth but days later it started happening at any time even when connected via headphone or auxillary.

I read the other similar threads but this is a different issue because my power saving isn't and never was on. Updates have come since the issue began and the issue still exists as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I wouldn't want to change subscription service over an issue like this but at the same time who would want to pay for a service that can't get through a song or two without stopping. 😞

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Verizon)

Software: Android 6.0.1 (with no available updates)

5 Replies

I am having exact same issue. I've checked everything and can't figure out why. How ever I have noticed when I connect by Bluetooth or plug in it trys to start the media player not sure if that's the issue

My Galaxy S7 Edge has been doing this for MONTHS and it WON'T STOP no matter what I do. I have uninstalled the app repeatedly, power saving mode has been turned off, I force stop the app, redownload all of my songs and Nothing works and nobody has fixed it yet! I've been having this problem since October of last year. Just because of this issue, I am never getting a Samsung phone again! The only people I know that have this problem are those with the Galaxy S7!

I have an S7 and have no problems after excluding spotify from both samsung's and android's powersaving. Folk who don't know how to use their devices are quick to blame the manufacturers and software.

As a dude who is not to familiar with all nooks and crannies on my phone, can you point me in the excact direction where to turn off these functions on Spotify?

I have the very same problem you see.

I have looked all around in settings, but not sure where to go.

Thanks

Check out the post [PSA] Samsung users please read!. It was pinned to the top of the android section to maqke it hard to miss.

Suggested posts