Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify stops playing after a few songs when my screen is locked - Samsung Galaxy 7

Spotify stops playing after a few songs when my screen is locked - Samsung Galaxy 7

Hello - I just got a new Samsung Galaxy 7 and installed the Spotify app. I open the app and start playing my playlist. I have my screen set to lock so once it does this I can see the Spotify notification if I push the power button to light up the phone screen. However, after a few songs (always when transitioning to a new song), Spotify stops playing even though it shows in play mode. I unlock my phone and it then immediately starts playing the next song. Does anyone else have this problem?

6 Replies

@jacobse

You're not the only one. Check this thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Stops-playing-on-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Edge/m-p/1311156/

There is a battery saving option that you need to turn off.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you so much! It's still not acceptable for it to do this and I hope they find a solution to still have power saving mode on while playing.

I am having the same problem on my s6. I have turned off the power saving option and reinstalled the app so many times, over the past month, I can't keep count. Nothing has fixed the problem and I'm ready to close my Spotify account.

Mine has always been off but i still have thw problem. Anyone with another solution

Solved : I had this annoying problem on my samsung j7
so the solution is on power saving option ( restrict all background data ) must be turned off😆
Screenshot_20161020-065618.png

Nabil82, so far it works!! I had power saving shut off but the bottom option was not shut off. I hope this will solve it while using Runkeeper. I only tested it for some songs.

It was extremely annoying to get out my phone every time after a song was finished.

Suggested posts