Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify uses 650 MB telephone memory

Spotify uses 650 MB telephone memory

On my htc with 4 GB telephone memory around 650 MB is used by spotify, which is quilte a lot. I haven't Any downloaded songs. How can I limit the amount of memory used by spotify?
3 Replies

Spotify uses this space to store the songs you're listening to. This eases the load on Spotify's servers, allows the app to use less battery power by not constantly accessing the internet to download the audio and removes the delay between the songs, since it can store the next tracks in advance. It also allows you to immediately start listening to songs if you already listened to them before.

If you need to, you can clear this saved data with these steps (Android 4.0 or higher):

- Go to System Settings

- Go to apps and find Spotify there

- On Spotify's page, tap "Clear Cache"

Hi. I would prefer that Sporify saved the data on my SD card. It contains much more space than my telephone memory.

Hello @Mxller , if your SD Card has more free space than your phone and Spotify is not saving there, you need to do a clean reinstallation off the app, since it selects the best place to store data on installation.

To do that, follow these steps:

- Go to System Settings

- Go to Apps/Manage Apps

- Find Spotify there

- On Spotify's page, first, tap "Clear Cache", if it's not greyed out. Then, tap "Uninstall" and remove the app.

- Turn off your Phone, wait a few minutes and turn it back on.

- Using a File Manager on your phone or using your Computer and USB cable, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.music and com.spotify.mobile.android.ui, if it's present.

- Reinstall Spotify from Google Play

If you did the steps correctly, you just clean reinstalled Spotify. When you open it, it will decide where it will store data based on free space. Make sure your SD Card has more free space than your phone and the app will select it.

Edit: Corrected typos...

Suggested posts