Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Stop adding garbage to my "up next"

Stop adding garbage to my "up next"

Android user. I understand the 'queue', which gets filled with things I didn't ask for. And I have to select each and every tune and 'remove' it. That's a giant nuisance that should be fixed. 
WORSE : tunes get added to 'next from...', and I CANNOT select and remove them. Once the 'queue' is finished, ONE SONG AT A TIME is pulled from the 'next' list and played (in the queue). 
I can find no way to clear these lists, particularly the 'next' list; which means I have no control over this app. Spotify will apparently put every tune that vaguely matches a search string in there, then play ALL OF THEM after the ONE tune I select to play. This makes ZERO SENSE. It will also put an entire album in the 'next' list when I select a single song. 
So - if I want to hear ONE SONG, I select it, then have to sit there, waiting for each next song to play and stop it. Or kill the app.

HOW IS THIS USEFUL FOR ANYONE????

WHY IS THERE NOT A 'CLEAR QUEUE' BUTTON?
WHY ARE YOU DEAD SET AGAINST ME CONTROLLING MY OWN QUEUE?

1 Reply

Open your settings and un-check "Autoplay". Might fix your issue. (I agree, why isn't there a clear queue option??).

EDIT: Sorry I re-read your post, and I might have misinterpreted it.

Are you playing music from the "search" function? And your issue is that it queues all other tracks? Just play something alse and it will clear the queue. And if you only want it to play just one song from the search results and then stop, make sure your queue is empty and instead of just clicking on the song, long-tap it and select "add to queue". Then hit play and it should play just that song. That's a workaround I've found.

Suggested posts