Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Suggested songs and advert's

Suggested songs and advert's

I would like a legal statement specifically on Spotify use of suggested songs and advertisements. I am tired I'm being forced to listen to suggested songs. They take up 50% of what I listen to. Are completely unrelated to the genre that I'm currently listening to. And I feel like this is a twisted mix between extortion and blackmail via harrassment to force me to buy premium. Iv tried turning off auto play. Doesn't change.

I understand using advert's to pay for the music royalties and costs of running the app. But forcing suggested music is ludicrous. On top of that if I'm listening to Disney for example for my child why in the heck am I getting suggested rap songs dropping the F-bomb every sentence.

( never listen to rap and I frankly hate it )And don't tell me to just turn off explicit content because I do listen to explicit content sometimes (good comedy stations) I shouldn't have to turn it off so my kids can listen to Disney. If I'm being forced to listen to a suggested song why do you not have an algorithm to suggest something a little more appropriate.

If I have to listen to five minutes of advertisements  to hear the music I want to listen to, fine.

Do artists get credit  or reimbursement when their music is played? The only thing that makes sense to me as to why you force people to listen to suggested songs is so artists can have their music listened to be it **bleep** or not. 

0 Replies

Suggested posts